Orakpo Signs Finally

The Redskins have agreed to contract terms with top draft pick Brian Orakpo. No details about for how much, but it is for Five years. I would expect something around 13-15 million guaranteed.

"This was more nerve-wracking than actually being drafted," Orakpo said. "You really want to get in because you know your teammates are there working and you want to get in to get started to have a miraculous season.

"Finally I am back. The whole roster is there, the whole roster is working and everybody can all be on the same page and make this run.”





More quotes after the jump.

Orakpo was having dinner with his fiance Bitura at a sushi resturant when he heard the news that the deal was done.

“I’m very excited," Orakpo said. "Obviously, I want to get in as fast as I can because I am learning a new position as the strong-side linebacker and I’m very optimistic about the whole process. During OTAs and mini-camps, I thought I did pretty well.

"The coaches were very impressed with what I brought to the table. At the same time, I’m able to do what I do best and that’s getting out on the edge whenever the different package allows me to do that. I am very excited about the opportunity.


Orakpo was the Redskins’ first-round draft pick (13th overall) last April. At the University of Texas, he was widely regarded as one of the top defensive ends in college football.

Comments